PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2009, 17:21
Puritan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fwiw, a colleague of mine has literally just asked me about Astraeus (a very experienced bloke looking to apply)... and I'll paraphrase what I wrote to him:

Wrt Astraeus, I had many happy years there (7 actually) and it's a lovely little airline (as airlines go)... great fun, well run, and with very good standards (and all eminently practical):

Whilst Astraeus is probably not the best package in the world, one could do a lot worse. The flying is / was brilliant... all sorts of whacky places and you're very much left to get on with the job... a real "Can Do" attitude is required. With out any doubt Astraeus was the best flying that I have ever done... and probably some of the best training too! Fwiw, I do sometimes wonder why I left?!

The job's they've been offering recently (as I understand it) are for an A320 orientated customer that they're involved with..... remembering that Astraeus now predominantly do ACMI type work.

They also operate the B737-700 and the B757-200, all with ETOPS, on a World Wide AOC.
One can't really say fairer than that, can one ?