PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A380 - LAME positions.
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2009, 13:24
rudderless1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rim,
Best you read my post again,
no need to get offensive, the fact is there is only so little a person will work for and be capable of doing a job! QF or other airlines can't attract or certainly retain any decent AME's on the money they pay. I thought you may have noticed this?
A CAT's take more responsibility, though less trained but facts show they still draw atleast the same but generally more than an AME in income, can you see the problem yet?
A Cat's are coming, so what, is there a "real benefit"? In my opinion not really. In 35 minute turnarounds with most of that lost, do you waste those valuable moments seeking a B cat? A CAt's will be AME's reallocated by default, the only difference is who will represent them.
A Cat's are not for the hangar either, period.
Yes, I embrace the new system, mech's to B1 and av's to B2 + B1 limited, nice crossover in the middle to allow the flexibility of personal provided real training and qualifications are received. No one's toes are stepped on, equal remuneration for equal scopes of work.
Nothing much will change in a hurry, the aging workforce will be seen safely to the door without any angst. New comers will be trained, the longer the company waits the greater the pain will be for the company.
Don't know about redundancies, they may just have to wait.
Things are changin' but in aviation we always know it will be slow and painful and generally wrong.