PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Visiting Bangkok, looking for a flying opportunity
Old 5th Sep 2009, 04:58
COCOCHANEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CRJ 705....I didn't communicate with them directly, as a thai pilot friend had checked it out for me.

Basically to fly dual with an instructor is not a problem subject to aircraft availability as both offer ppl, ir, cpl single and multi and are full fledged flight schools. Not too many student pilots these days, wonder why? I heard aside from the thais there are 2-3 foreign students (indians) in BAC in most batches.

Regarding your non-thai license and medicals you will have to get it validated if you want to fly pic. I am not sure of the present procedure. To fly solo in Thailand you will have to get signed off by any of the clubs' chief instructor first.

Also for security reasons they have to send a minivan /bus to pickup the students or pilots at the airport gate, as they are located close to the runway, prior appointments must be made .

The downside is that being located in the ex-Bkk international which is now being used as a domestic airport with airlines like orient thai and nokair, and also used by the rtaf, is that their a/c's are way more expensive to rent than in Bang Phra. I am not sure about the present rates.