PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A380 - LAME positions.
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2009, 23:54
rudderless1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicken Littles everywhere! To many years under Dixon me thinks.
The sky is not falling.
Remember the A380? 12 to 24 LAME's to introduce M said. Good one M, go an drive your trainset, try not to break it.
The A Cat, well where are these coming from? They still need a brain, brains cost money, they still need training, training costs money, they can't troubleshoot, they can't supervise, turnarounds are short, time is money.
I guess we will convert all the AME's to CAT A's oh hang on you need AME's to start with isn't there a problem, I know we will pay them less? I guess we will attract mindless scum on less pay than an AME to be a CAT A for more responsibly not to mention SAFETY? That'll work! Guys wake up Have some confidence, be smart and stop the undermining of you valuable licence by shortsighted LAME's taking advantage of your trades and watering them down at the same time.
Aircraft break, aircraft need fixing, and the bigger they are the more they cost when they stop.
Also is a CAT A really going to bust his hump to undermine a CAT B? I doubt it. B is where he wants to BE (that could be a LAME cliche')
Will a CAT A get paid less than an AME, I doubt it. Think about that one its not real hard.
But a CAT A needs only a CERT 2, an AME is a CERT 4 why would they pay him more? No where in the world do they pay him a CAT A less, usually between and AME and B1. I'd be a bit pissed if I trained for four years and a monkey gets a gig in your area for more money and less training when I am totally capable of doing the role! So I guess any AME would there for expect to be an A CAT, its obvious really and since its a Licence, hmmmm well I would be certain that is ALAEA territory.
Catch 22 really, I hope LAME's do pull there collective heads out of the sand, the FUD was clearing but here we see it has returned, I thought we got rid of that some time ago? Didn't we vote and change few years ago from the rhetoric we knew wasn't true!
Come on LAME's don't be LAME AGAIN!