PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Purpose of boarding card 'check' at aircraft door
Old 4th Sep 2009, 14:58
Final 3 Greens

rgpbrock

The problem is not the code, it is the lack of an instruction to execute it.

If you don't get, then I give up.

What several very experienced travellers are telling you is that the current system does not work.

We get as fed up as the cabin crew do, waiting behind people searching in bags and clothing.

If you do not inform the infrequent travellers to show their BPs just before boarding, they often will not. Even if you do, you will get some failures due to myriad reasons, but including pre-expectation and poor listening skills.

Go and google Ebbinghaus and look up the memory loss curve.

Without wishing to demean you, I have qualifications up to masters degree level in social psychology subjects and also 20 years experience in organizational development and learning and development.

I don't think you do, or you would understand the validty of posts 11 and 30 and why the system doesn't work.

My thoughts exactly. When getting on a train, a bus, a trolley, a tram or even entering a movie theater, one usually shows a ticket. Why should it be any different, at all, for boarding an aircraft?
Now, if you take the time to read posts 11 and 30, then reflect on your question, you might get a valid answer.