PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2009, 13:01
jetfire11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good day to all!

Newbie here. Although i just joined, i have been reading in this forum for quite some time now. I have been wanting to be a pilot but have failed to even start (tried to enter PLC this year but failed to make the final cut). I'll try again next year. But while waiting for it i researched on other possibilities of entering this career. One school i came across was CIA. I have mixed info about the school and the license being offered.

I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice about entering CIA. Should i wait an try my luck for PLC? Oh yeah, i talked to a PAL F.O. a while back and he asked about the MPL scheme to his colleagues. He told me the feedback wasn't good (btw, he came from PAF). Anyway, CIA sent me an email about their current situation. Hope this helps the discussion...

"Good day. I hope that this mail finds you well.

I am delighted to inform you that Clark Aviation is now offering two pilot training programs, (1) Multi-crew Pilot License (MPL), and (2) Commercial Pilot License with Instrument Rating (CPL/IR). The cost of completing the CPL/IR, with an opportunity of shifting to MPL is approximately USD40, 000. If you intend to do strictly CPL/IR only, cost is USD 34,500, subject to change depending on the prevailing fuel price. Please take note that our CPL/IR incorporates an extensive 6 months ground school that is Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) ground school standard. We are uniquely positioned as the only institution that offers this kind of ground school program in the Philippines .

On the other hand, the MPL program is designed so that graduates are qualified to fly as First Officer in a specific type of commercial aircraft. At Clark Aviation, we focus on the A320 type of aircraft. In other words, our MPL graduates are qualified to fly as FO for A320 commercial aircrafts. This program will cost USD90, 000 and we require that cadets should have an alignment with an airline before we accept them. Alignment essentially means that an airline will provide base training of 12 landings and take-offs and eventual employment. Should there be no alignment possible, we can train cadets under the CPL/IR program with an option to proceed to A320 type rating.

Attached is a paper on who we are and what we do.

I would be delighted to discuss any questions you might have.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards"