PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amerijet Strike!
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2009, 12:24
IslamoradaFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"What they can't explain away was the laughing at the picketers and the conversing in single digit universal sign language.

At that point, their credibility was lost."

I'm sorry that happened, but put yourself in their shoes, they where thrust into an uncomfortable situation out of their control and it is human nature to defend ones self. They had no option but to do the flights once they arrived or face dismissal. Cargojet pilots are now aware of the situation and have, as far as I know, universally refused any more of these flights. Of course that won't stop management pilots from being forced into this work.
"

Peter:

I and everyone applaud the universal refusal to do any more flying for Amerijet. I understand the option having been there myself and also having taken a different course than they did.

That said, as uncomfortable as they may have been, their actions were inexcusable and cannot be justified in any manner whatsoever. They had numerous chances to talk to the picketers and could have explained the predicament they faced. While it may not have sufficed, it would have helped. For them as adults and professional airmen to act in that manner and then say it was "human nature to defend ones self" just does not cut it.