PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A380 - LAME positions.
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2009, 11:07
FMU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changeawheel, we will ALL be transitioned to the CASR66 system, as the current CAR31 system will no longer exist. What will happen is that your current licence will be "grandfathered" and you will be issued with, say, a B1.1 "limited" licence that will still encompass your current licence priviledges, but exclude you from those extra electrical ATAs that you have not been trained on. You just need to look at how this system has been introduced in other parts of the world to see our future. i.e. the B1.1 licence is the preferred licence of choice for a line maint organisation, with just a handful of B2 licences to provide that necessary AV support. Heavy or Base Maint is the land of the 'A', B1 and B2 licence.
I'm not advocating one licence system over another, or have a preference for AV or MECH. I'm just trying to state what will be inevitable.
There is no replacement for a AV LAME with 20 years of experience, nor is there any replacement for a sheetmetal worker with 20 years of experience, nor a greaser with 20 years of experience in door rigging, flight control rigging and engine running. Everyone has there own particular set of skills. No-one is a jack of all trades.