PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoffrey Thomas awarded RAES "Journalist of the Year"
Old 4th Sep 2009, 10:00
rammel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must say that I was dismayed when I read Geoff's article about the LAME's, as I had previously (I think) read one praising QF's staff for making do with the crap management (GD and co) gave them. I was also surprised, because a jounalist he doesn't seem to copy and paste the company press releases.

Hopefully this was an oversight and next time he will do some more digging rather than trust what a company says. After all there is two sides to every story and the truth is normally somewhere in the middle.

Also perhaps Geoff could hightlight in the press somehow that the LAME's p.i.a was highlighted as a cause to lose money, but all the cargo cartel fines were not (or were they). These have the potential to dwarf overall anything that the LAME's did during the "protected" action.

Overall I'd say he writes more good articles than bad and I try to read what his written. Also alot of respect, no matter what you think of him as he posts under his own name.