PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA's revised GAAP procedures.
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2009, 04:56
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Dick,
How come no screams about my post 275 where I pointed out that the Launy incident was with full radio alerting- the same as we use in G every day at many class G RPT airports!
There may be some who may like to know the truth about the Launy incident. At all times the VFR aircraft heard all the radio calls from the airline and the tower. It was classic radio alerting which so many swear about on this site.
You've lost the flippin' plot! The bugsmasher may have been radio-alerted, but the other players (the tower and the 737) weren't! If I'd been in the 737, had I known about the smasher, I would have said "You are going to do WHAT??!! Get the hell out of my way before you kill us all!" As the VFR almost did.

You may remember that before YOUR famous NAS, all players, especially VFRs, were encouraged to pipe up if there was any possibility of a confliction. That would in all probability have resulted in a call from the VFR and prevented the Launy NMAC. But no, you had inserted into the documents that pilot to pilot R/T was "discouraged" (AIP ENR 1.1, 56.5), and that, together with the "free in Class E" empowerment of all bugsmasher drivers, exposed the 737 to unnecessary danger. Your head-in-the-sand policies based on DC-3s and the 50s almost cost quite a few lives that day.