PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too Old To Make My Dream Come True?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2009, 02:11
petiule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too Old To Make My Dream Come True?

Hi everybody,

I am 42 with no university degree aiming at modular cadet programe with a burden of a bank loan covering whole course from zero to frozen ATPL(with 200 hours total) starting in spring 2010. If all goes well and smooth I should be ready for hire just before I reach 45. I am completely aware of the financial risk I am about to face after completing the training as there's no guarantee of getting hired right away and thus being able to start paying off the huge loan. And even if I get a job it will very likely be with regional services on small aircraft with miserable paychecks hardly matching my financial needs. So logicaly most of people would say "Don't do it!". However the flying bug will stay in my head till my last day when I will definitely feel very sorry that I never gave it a try. The question is: Will the tremendous finacial stress lasting for at least ten years be better than the depressing regret lasting for the rest of my life or not?
What do you people think? Any post very welcome especially suggestions how to increase my chances to succeed.
Thank you for reading.
Petr from Czech Republic.