PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas on track to become the worst airline...
Old 4th Sep 2009, 02:08
parakeet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but to see her struggle with her bag whilst the flight attendents stood by idly

???

It is not a flight attendants job to lift baggage. If you are unable to lift it yourself (sounds like it was too heavy to be on board in the first place), check it in, or put it under the seat in front. Don't cede responsibilty to someone else.
Flight attendants are there to assist. Perhaps they could have been more responsive in suggesting an alternative - like placing it under the seat in front.....
My question to you is - where were YOU when this was all going on? Why didn't YOU help?

As for being on staff travel... I would be surprised if any crew knew who was on subload at the boarding phase of the flight.
And did you consider that perhaps they were unable to leave the area of their door during that phase of boarding??? Was the aircraft still being refuelled? Were there other flight attendants in the vicinity?

Surprised that someone travelling on staff travel is not aware of how things work......

Back on thread - every flight (every crew) can be different. I've had dodgy trips on QF and great trips on QF. I've even had dodgy trips on SQ and CX. If you fly often enough on a single carrier to be able to recognise a pattern then fair enough to be able to comment. Otherwise, it's all subjective and a fairly moot point.