PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Busting airspace
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 20:37
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think we are missing the point here. Sure it's about education but we are dealing with humans here not machines, airmanship as we have talked about amongst these pages over the years is slipping, this is just one result of same.
This guy whom did a 'runner' did so thru one human reaction........'fight or flight' (pun not intended) so he fled the scene purely to save his bacon, self preservation. We've probably all done it sometime in our lives(fled the scene, not from a flying point of view) might have been from a possible fight with the school yard bully or road rage now which is rife in our community.
Like rwy incursions we will always get them & there's not a damn thing we can do about it to stop it completely other than thru eductaion & the teaching of airmanship.
I feel that the RAAF boys have gone about the education process thru here in a very approachable way, tnxs guys you've put the human element back into education before the 'big stick' concept.
I hope this particular pilot owns up, his airmahsip to do so will take a huge leap fwd.

Wmk2