PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The big merged L1011 thread
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 18:35
Earl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly where was this Cyprus operation going to get the Tristars and crews anyway?
Was dead in the water from the start!
This was some kind of Universal airlines that maybe failed with the 747 operation also.
I
This thread is very informative for Tristar crews, as many of us have worked, done ferry flights moving airplanes and have not been paid or cheated with only partial pay, some with no tickets back home.
I hope it is left open to help other crews.
I dont think you will find any other thread here on pprune that goes this far to make sure crews are not cheated, paid correctly and has credibility.
Tristar crews are a small group now and we do stick together. even though most of us have other jobs on different equipment.
Personally I have only flown for 3 companies that were reliable with the Tristar, Saudia, Air Atlanta and Globejet.
Perhaps it should be relabeled as Tristar beware. or Tristar The Good, The Bad or The Ugly, LOL.
The crew it may have helped to avoid to work for the Mahgrabis/Barq air, the thaisky, skyeyes, orange air, and a few others.
On another note I did hear from a fly on the wall that the UAE GCAA has shut down operations for ZOOM airlines.
Guess here in the UAE they check all records to include the Tristar ones. records such as engine A/D'S and do make sure the manufactures Lockheed and Rolls Royce are followed.
Registration of convenience wont work here.
That made up alternate method of compliance for those 522 engines is starting to possibly be shown.
Cannot pull the wool over the GCAA eyes!
If you are one of these shady operators and have to divert, don't do it here, use another alternate, otherwise could be a issue.
Guess that's why the Skyeyes airplane was impounded here initially.
Anyone else hear about this?
I got this info 3rd hand but think it is reliable.
If we can rename this thread please offer some advice, but it has helped many people.
Maybe someone would spend his last income hoping to get ahead, only to find he was cheated in the end.
This is a problem that needs to be addressed and stopped with these shady Thai, Indian and mostly Jordanian Tristar operators.
Leave it open CR2, or at least provide us guidance on a new thread.
Earl

Last edited by Earl; 3rd Sep 2009 at 21:40.