PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 16:56
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would make sense for EZY to move to BHX, with good loads at EMA would be possible to get them at BHX as well. Though then you get the issue of WW or FR moving from BHX to EMA, so its 50/50
The whole issue is that the market from many of the airports are saturated. EMA is a case in hand and BHX is too.

While airlines might get good loads and fill aircraft some of the markets are so hottly contested that the seats are being sold so cheaply (relative to the cost) that the base is not sustainable.

EZY being a ´pan european´ airline can move its aircraft to markets that are not so crowded and make an acceptable return on investment. I would suggest that BHX is full as regards to operators. with WW, FR, BE etc all in the fold. Besides EZY know the market as they have a few routes in and know what the yield environment is like.

There are not alot of base opportunities in the UK at the moment I would suggest. EZY will get big over time at MAN. I cant see much else happening until well after the recession.

On a different note, I am wondering is the arrival of Jet2 because the airport knew that EZY were leaving?