PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 15:39
moosley78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DTVA advertising charter flights

Though not usually posting on Pprune i have monitored comment on DTVA for many years and have supported the airport since the early 80,s. I watched as the airport reached the dizzy heights of transatlantic charters in the late 80,s to the present very difficult times.
Late last year i remember a thread about Thomsonfly decision to withdraw from the ALC service at the end of April09. At the time i remember checking the TOM website and seeing flights available for Winter 09-10 but assumed they would be withdrawn.
If i remember correctly there have been TOM winter charters to ALC for years even when there was no based aircraft.
Today i checked the TOM website and the winter 09-10 Tuesday flights are still selling.
I may have missed comment on this already (if so apologies) but clearly an airport can not help market a flight if it doesnt exist. What i find incredible is that even today with very few services there is no mention anywhere on the DTVA website about the TOM winter charter series to ALC.
Why???? Any potential customer visiting their site will think there is no winter service when there is?