PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurora Project
Thread: Aurora Project
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 13:54
panda-k-bear
Bear Behind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like all conspiracy theoreis, what starts as one simple incident, gets snowballed out of all proportion due to soemone (generally who desperatly wants to belive something in the first place) adds 2 and 2 togther, and makes a huge number. For what it is worth, and people who believe the conspiracy theory will not believe me, I worked at Boscombe at that time and can perhaps shed sone light on some of the bits of the equation:

1. There was an incident on a Tornado which was doing trilas with a towed decoy, which failed to retract, hence the shutting of the main road outside the base.
2. There are generally American exchange pilots at Boscombe (at the time, it was Rick Husband I think, the shuttle commander during the Colombia accident).
3. A C5 was at Boscombe to take (or bring back) a helicopter from AUTEC.
4. The unmarked Boeing 707 was an Italian Air Force tanker at Boscombe for AAR trials.
5. The Agusta 109 was at Boscombe for trials.
6. The Gulfstream was a VIP aircraft. (Interesting aside. It was Tom Cruise visting Nicole Kidman who was in the local area making a film. Heale House- Portrait of a Lady).
7. The rolling deck was just being delivered from Bedford. Covered in tarpaulin.

All of these things happened in the space of a few days. As I said 2+2 is a huge number

Guess that puts that one to bed, then.

Like I said, it's a long time since I saw the article but I do have it at home somewhere. It's more a case of 2+2+2+1 making a very big number. If a conspiracy theorist wanted to make something of it, then you can see how it might happen with an addled (beer infused?) brain.

Do I believe in UFOs? Absolutely yes.

By definition if an object is flying and I can't identify it, then to me it is a UFO. If someone else can identify it, then no, it's not a UFO to them.

Do I believe in little green men? No.

Do I believe there are other life forms out there? Maybe. But what I do believe is that it's very arrogant of our species to believe that no other intelligent life can exist out there.

Is their technology being used in Aurora? Erm, no.