PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 11:12
tubtruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyman my point is :- not everyone wanting to fly from Teesside is looking for a bargain bucket and spade flight, my reason for mentioning the class of travel class on this particular flight.
The choice and options of longer haul destinations has been seriously diminished now BMI have stopped flights to london from MME.
Your alternative for flying via AMS on KLM is poor given that a further change is then needed in the US if flying to MCO. It is possible to fly here direct from MAN.
The KLM seats are not flat beds, Virgin from MAN and BA from london are.
How does this knock MME stating that I am now having to make this my alternative route due to the loss of a service from the local airport?
Does it also not inform others of what I consider to be the next best alternative which as it also happens usually comes in at a better price than the KLM route and in a more comfortable cabin.

Oh and thanks for the support andrewmcharlton against this uncalled for attack. I am now questioning if I will bother posting here again as this forum comes across as very snappy to anyone who doesn't quite share the same patriotic views of MME as the apparent forum ring leaders.