PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C172 Fuel Management
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 08:05
Polymer Fox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the scariest moments I've had would have been watching the fuel pressure slowly trickle down after swapping tanks just after take off from Goulburn.

I have read this thread with increasing frustration and agree with all who state that the POH and FM are the correct sources for this information.

BUT what astounds me about the above comment is why on earth would you want to even think about changing tanks "just after takeoff" - unless of course you were suffering a possible fuel related engine problem - but Polymer's post does not indicate this.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass here but this thread does suggest some pretty poor training or at least comprehension of basic airmanship and tech knowledge.

Indianzz
No apologies for being a smartarse required. You're quite right about the fuel issue. I've not really worded my response properly and that can mean dire things on an aviation forum as I've now found out.

I was established at the cruising level after take-off and completed the fuel swap during my top of climb checks.