PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAS AIR... Would u drop your life savings off to them?
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 01:04
Airess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryan, great thread!

I am in the same situ as you, however i am looking to do my CPL part time whilst still working. I am going to self study for the exams and have a good mentor base of pilots to call on for help!

I have conflivting advice from numerous pilots and instructors:

*go for a school at bankstown if you have any aspirations of flying commercially, its good to be thrown into the deep end with air traffic, radio etc etc

*dont go for a school in bankstown, go out to a quieter airstrip where u can concentrate 100% on learning technique without the distraction of other aircraft radio etc. then move to a busier airport later during the CPL.

*dont go for Basair they have too many international students & are a 'sausage factory'

I wonder with the last comment if this also refers to HVA, which are the 'sister' school to Basair...im assuming if there are problems with Basair in BK there are bound to be problems with HVA. any comments anyone??

My other thought at the moment is going with Central coast air club at Warnervale. i will be going up to check out both facilities this weekend.

Its easy to get lost in all the info ive found and my haead is spinning from all the conflicting advice...

Did you have any luck choosing a flying school?