PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1000 hrs and I fancy a change
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 22:56
Phantasm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mauntown08,

Greetings! Was once in a similar position to you (very familiar with Maun and everything it has to offer), and please dismiss the pessimism of most, as most haven't experienced the area of flying you're involved in. It can look almost rosy from where you're sat (and in fact, forget talk of dark clouds on your horizon or whatever analogy was regurgitated up, because the industry you are in is stable, and there will always be demand for it.). Travel industry has very little to do with this piece of the pie.

But for god's sake hold on for longer than six months. Expect an economic upturn in around 12-18 months, and I mean exactly that. Recovery, look for 2 years and for the aviation industry to catch up, a further year.

Hey, nobody can tell you what to do, there are hundreds of cadets finding jobs in 737s right now despite the downturn. There are also thousands of very experienced chaps up **** creek without a paddle. It depends on your circumstances. And that's something you've not let us in on, so in essence, nobody here is really qualified to give you any meaningful advice.

Pinch of salt etc, but I've seen it all before, it always gets better, just give it a couple of years before looking to pastures new!

Thanks and good luck