PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU Environment trading scam
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 21:39
Daifly

We did HS125 - through BBGA and EBAA (EBAA for the record are actually being very practical about the whole thing, they realise we can't win and so are working on an easier way for us all to report thus at least making the "freud" less labour intensive) - which I'm sure you'll agree is more reasoned than just "no" (and I'm assuming seeing as you reckon nobody said anything, you didn't check with those "who never do" on what they were(n't) doing?). But what exactly do you think would have happened if we'd have said "no"? We're hardly a big impact share of the market are we?

The airlines have all signed up to it without a whimper and the only ones who said anything were us GA lot and we're about as important to HM Gov't as a Libyan Terrorist is to Scotland.

I don't agree with a second of what it's about or what it's trying to achieve as they need to sort out China's pollution first (though I guess that's a bit of a NIMBY view from me) but there's really bugger all any of us can do about it as it's a dictat from on high that we're lumbered with - blame Ted Heath if you want to blame anyone (he's dead, can't defend himself...) and the only thing we can therefore do is make it an easy process for us all to work with.

Or start a revolution. And like you say, "we never do" do we?

Flinty - Schaden?