PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 17:38
ILS RWY27L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been reading through and learning the information NATS send you in preparation for the Stage 1 test, the last 8 or so pages are taken up with stats of Aircraft regularly using UK airspace. I was just wondering if anyone would kindly advise whether I need to learn these off by heart or not? I'd prefer to spend more time concentrating on the bread and butter areas but obviously don't want to abuse this area should I actually need to learn it.

Please don't take this personally, but this question has been asked countless times.

More to the point, however; if NATS have stated in their invite...

"The information contained in this document will also form part of the first stage of the selection. Candidates are strongly advised to read it carefully."

...would it not make sense to learn the provided information as well as you possibly can? Who knows, there may be twenty questions on aircraft stats, there may only be two.

The paper in question relates to motivation, and as such, if a candidate really does have motivation for this job they would surely go ahead and learn all facts rather than attempt to compromise.