PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More 747's for European
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2002, 19:10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EAAC

A lot of our flights out of BOH are empty. They're usually aircraft positioning flights to another field where the charter begins. That's the nature of our business.

As far as it goes here: we're all learning! Our AOC was issued in around 6 weeks (for the B747 operation) and that's with HUGE THANKS to 2 gentlemen (JB & AE) that worked their butts off for it and continue to do so in all other fields of the operation. By saying that I do not at all undermine the efforts of all the other people at European that did likewise. The fleet consists mainly of ex BA/Cathay/Virgin/SAA types. That's to be expected at this stage of the game. If you want the UK CAA on your side you have to start off with these types of pilots and flight engineers. Not only that, but there is an enormous amount that these people can offer a new long-haul operator.

As someone mentioned; our Operations department is not up to scratch in as far as the B747 goes. But hell; give them a chance! They're fully up to speed on the short/medium haul fleet and I've no doubt that the learning curve is as steep for them as it is for us. It will mature.

This is a new UK long-haul operator. Let's look for some positive input here. I believe that given the chance: we can create a fantastic company that keeps the jobs at home and makes enough money to stay around longer than UK companiies traditionaly do. Don't forget that the work we're doing now traditionally went to companies based further north that (certainly in my experienced opinion) operate to a different standard.

I look forward to our prosperity here. I'm sure you do to...