PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 09:55
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baston,
He was happy with the status quo because it suits the MoD's purposes. He didn't actually aswer the question put to him - "Has the report ever been accepted or implemented?" The answer is no, it hasn't.

Mr Jones made som other interesting points:
The AAIB are independent - The AAIB are actually contracted by the MoD and are, technically (no pun intended) employed for that task.

If a 'Review' changes the findings of a Board, there is a clear audit trail. Really? I would like to see that in this case.

Technical lessons are learnt - And what would they be in this case? Particularly as the airworthiness history of the Mk2 was not specifically mentioned in the terms of reference set by the Senior Officers.

The Report assists the Coroner - How come that the MoD released the AAIB report to the Procurator Fiscal in Jun '95, but told him that it could not be used in evidence? Only after the Procurator Fiscal asked the Crown Office to intervene (in Aug '95) was he given permission.

His comment about those who were serving was a typical barbed dig at those with courage to speak out. Bast0n, did you know of the existence of the Tench Report? Have you read it? The Minister is trying to make out that this Report has been readily available for many years. It hasn't.

I'm afraid, Bast0n, that your minister was less than convincing. His non-answers may fool those unfamiliar with the case, but not so those who have followed it since the initial injustice.

The Campaign continues.

My best, as always,
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook