PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Solo?????????
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 00:48
Reluctant737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whether you train in the UK, the US, or Al Shamar's Strip in Azerbaijan, you must be proficient in over 40 tasks before you are safe to fly solo, regardless of local laws. To achieve this in 4.8 hours is (and I agree with a previous poster) a reflection on the instructor - I've never branched into that area of flying, but all other things aside (including the ability of the student), I know I wouldn't feel comfortable letting somebody lose after this minimal time, however natural their flying ability may be... But who am I to judge

No, don't worry about a thing, we all take varying degrees of time to achieve this first milestone, for me, a total of 37 hours TT due to meteorological constraints (!), lack of continuity and an interrupted training regime. I then went on to pass first time everything to (f)ATPL level and 737 type rating without a hitch. I've also yet to pass a computerised aptitude test. I suppose on that note it's relevant to mention I've managed to avoid killing anybody or damaging any heavy metal yet as well

Try to calm your nerves, it helps