PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caption competition
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2009, 22:58
arandcee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
. . . so on the first day of basic training they were deciding on callsigns and i said that people at school always called me 'speed demon' because i was fearless on my bicycle, a twelve speed racing bike that my father bought for my fourteenth birthday. it was red, with yellow flames on the cross bar. but i digress, they were deciding on call signs and Piotr, have you met Piotr, he's a fun guy, always a hit with the girls, he seemed to take charge. He said Speed Demon was too long and said I should be called 'interesting' instead, which i thought odd because obviously speed demon has 3 syllables and interesting has 4 syllables, but everyone seemed to agree it was funny so i agreed to it. It was because I was such a good story teller i suppose, I've never had a problem with words, but still, 'interesting' has been my callsign ever since. But I'm going on again aren't I Sergei? Sergei? . . . . Sergei? . . . . Oh no, not another one. I simply cannot understand what is wrong with the rear ejection seats on these aircraft! It never seems to happen to anyone else, but these spontaneous ejections are becoming more and more common. I sent the e-mail dossier to the manufacturers last week but they haven't replied yet, and i spent days on that report, all 400 pages of it. Hmm, i suppose I ought to turn around and go back to base.

'801 to base, Mayday! Reporting spontaneous ejection of rear seat crew. Mayday! Incidentally base, did you know 'Mayday is not named after the glorious holiday of the people but a corruption of the French M'aidez meaning . . . '