PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 1st Sep 2009, 21:59
bigbrother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More H.R crap

I just logged on to hvae a peep at what's happening in the ATC world and of course came up with this post regarding recruiting. Yet another company hijacked by the crap put forward by the self interested empire builders of H.R (Human Resourses dept). AFter 10 years as a RAAF ATC I thought I would apply and of course was met with all this Psycho rubbish. It was determined that I was not likely to pass the course. Hmmm well you can make your own mind up on that one but as far as I'm concerned this psycho testing has gone way too far and carries way too much weight. Virgin blue employed pilots with a simple interview and a handshake when they first started up in Australia. Those pilots served the company well during the start up phase and are mostly still flying with Virgin today. Since then H.R has initiated psycho testing taking 2 days to determine which candidates would best suit the company. One wonders how the pilots initially employed would fare if they had to go back and requalify. Friends I have in ASA say that if they had to go back and do the testing now they would not have a hope in hell of passing. So, the question is, for a company struggling to achieve appropriate manning levels, and with huge retirement issues not too far off, where does the bull**** stop and management get on with employing.

Just my 10 cents worth
By the way I now fly for an Australian Airline