PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Purpose of boarding card 'check' at aircraft door
Old 1st Sep 2009, 21:55
Abusing_the_sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put it this way, i would still check boarding passes even if the company wouldn't ask us to.
The number of times i had to send pax back to the gate, it's unbelievable. And to the dispatcher posting saying "it wasn't gate staff's fault" well... i know it was their fault, you know it was their fault so save it pal... for someone who actually TRUSTS the gate staff.
We all know that majority of pax pack their brains with their check in bags... Hell, i do it, and i work in the industry!
Jeez, the number of times i was just walking through the terminal having returned from Boots happily holding my "Boots Meal Deal" bag, and been "approached" by BmiBaby pax demanding to know why their flight has been cancelled... I'm sorry sir, i really am, but i don't work for Bmi... You lot are all the same, 'effing this and 'effing that...

It doesn't work that way. In my base we have 7 company a/c. The "earlies" and "lates" go off at about the same time. Boarding through gates next to eachother.
I usually have 2 or 3 pax or couples going through say the Malaga gate when they're supposed to fly to Murcia. Hence why we check the boarding passes. And we heard it all before: "Oh i just put it away", "Oh she never gave me a boarding pass","Oh she took it away", "Oh for sake, why do you need it again?", "Oh you people are just ridiculous", "Oh i don't need a boarding pass, i'm So and So..."

So please, we kindly ask you to keep your boarding pass with you and show it when entering the aircraft. It's not exactly rocket science, is it?