PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2009, 20:47
EI-RB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Hedging Cock up !

Its interesting to hear everyones views on EI cuts etc. I am amazed by how little coverage the EI Fuel Hedging policy in 2008 has got. The CFO before Mr Coyle was removed from his position fairly discreetly to make way for Coyle. Was The former CFO Greg O'Sullivan responsible for poorly managing the airlines Fuel Hedging ??? I also noticed EI recruited a new Treasurey Executive back in late 08 too. Muller must love a challenge coz CEO of EI right now is a very tough job. Its not all about cost cutting EI need to further enhance productivity and aircraft utilisation. I researched their aircraft utilisation for both their aircraft based at BFS for this November. EI will operate 56 flights a week with 2 aircraft from BFS. Across the other side of the city at BHD, Ryanair will operate 70 flights a week with just one aircraft. I will post the schedule up if people dont believe me. People can argue about hourly utilisation rates etc but I think my figures give a clear picture of how Ryanair deploy their aircraft more efficiently compared to those of Aer Lingus.