PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The big merged L1011 thread
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2009, 20:28
AAL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMHumbleO, this has not degenerated into merely a spotters thread.

It rather focusses on firstly an old lady and one of the best ever built old ladies to grace the sky, of which very few still barely capable to fly has for the wrong reasons (price?) fallen in the hands of some very dubious and shady characters/operators.

The "New Operation Out of Cyprus" was to be just such a venture, there are still some others going down now, and some will attempt in the near future.

This thread has saved quite a few well meaning crew from burning their fingers and getting involved in situations to their detriment, and that they would have (or now do) regretted.

It serves as a barometer of what some of these dubious scoundrels are up to and I am sure that many unsuspecting crews have received very timely forewarning of the associated perils involved.

At the beginning I would in my wildest dreams never have guessed that the thread would over time have drawn near 50 000 views.

Please bear with us CR2, because many of us have been affected by some of these discussed situations and continue to learn.