PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan at Uffington, Sun 30 Aug
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2009, 15:01
StopStart

Champagne anyone...?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the risk of banging-on, which I am:

I think it's entirely reasonable for M-o-t-F to have queried the wisdom of such a flight
Indeed, it most certainly is but there are ways of doing these things and I'd suggest that M-O-T-F appointing himself the expert in absolutely everything isn't the way to go about it. The METARs are all well and good and reflect the wx at EGVN at 10 to whatever hour it was. Whilst they're a jolly good indicator of what it may have been like they weren't observed from overhead Uffington at the time of the flypast. That's the call for the flightdeck to make.

he certainly doesn't deserve the rude comments thrown at him by some of you lot who should know better.
Er I disagree. If you sow wind then don't be surprised at the subsequent whirlwind. I personally object to pontificating armchair AVMs slinging mud at friends and professionals. This has nothing to do with teddies, cots and/or egos and everything to do with the unqualified spouting off on the internet.

My apologies, press-on-itis doesnt exist, pilots have never screwed up and I have no right to even question that the flypast happened.
Who said anything about press-on-itis? Other than you obviously. Pressing on into what? The weather in picture looks fine but then what would I know? I only spend my working day thrashing round the UKLFS in a Vulcan sized aircraft (and before you bunch your pants again - that's not ego it's just my job). You have every right in the world to question whatever you like. May I suggest that when you choose to exercise that right you do so either from a position of knowledge/experience or from a starting point that accepts with mild humility you don't know all/any of the facts?

What is it like to be perfect?
It's awesome. Send me an address and I'll send you a signed photo.