PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A380 - LAME positions.
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2009, 12:25
ampclamp

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
there is world of difference between being trained and having the experience and aptitude for any job.
some folks will have the knack, others will not, and it works both ways.

a/f eng guys have had a lot of avio privileges for a long time.many chose not to exercise them, some cant or are not interested for any number of reasons.
same goes for avio people some have it, some have not.

just cos the rest of the world is doing it does not make it right.

it makes it cheaper.over and out.

Few people I know have the ability to truly be expert in all trades on several types.Its a compromise.

Few of todays avio people could polish the shoes of a true radio lame and do not have the experience to tackle truly oddball snags that come along at times.They get fixed eventually but...it takes longer and can cost more.Yes we get by most of the time as the new system will too.
I could fix lots of eng / a/f snags too but I know that J Bloggs has been brought up on jeta1 and would fix it better and faster than me.

the rest of the world went to poo with a capital S because of shonky banking practices.
Oz system had better prudential regulatory structure, not perfect but better.(Pretty obvious where this is going.)

3 years ago the "experts" would have extolled the USA way of doing business and bemoaned lazy balance sheets (ie not enough gearing.)

Masters of the universe,sun gods the lot of those investment bankers.
The same clowns/journos/analysts are now all Mondays experts of the GFC and how the best way was a total sham.Pathetic fellow travelers.

Its just an analogy and wont change a thing, but maybe a toning down of the arrogance by some would be in order.You may get trained on something same as I could on another but you know jackshyte until you've logged quite a few years.