PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan at Uffington, Sun 30 Aug
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2009, 10:38
dakkg651

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle.

Yes you are right. MOTF has every right to question. He has to be very careful, however, when making accusations that rules were being broken. MOTF. I don't know what you do for a living, but if your professionalism was called into doubt in two public forums (yes I have seen the 'Vulcans do fly in IMC' comment in the Aviation History forum), I bet you might be a tad hacked off and would welcome a little bit of support from your colleagues.

So if some people have come at you all guns blazing then you shouldn't be too surprised.

We all want to see 558 continue to fly and entertain us, after all it cost some of us a lot of beer money, so I fully understand your concern over whether the conditions were suitable or not. I don't think the VTTS pilots would ever put the aircraft or public at risk because of press-on-itis. And if they intentionally exceeded any VFR limits the CAA would ensure it would be game over for VTTS.

So lets put all the teddies back in the cot and agree that we hope to see this magnificent aircraft displayed safely for years to come.

By the way Man on the Fence. I humbly apologise for implying you were of a level of a Sun reporter. That was really below the belt and totally uncalled for. I hang my head in shame.