PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2009, 07:49
Mari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
qatar

If you really think it's OK, go for it.

Be aware that you need to wait 12 months after resignation if you want to join Emirates or Etihad later on. (I don't know if it also applies if you complete your 3-year-contract. No idea.)

And the money is worse, as well.

You can survive years there for sure. They are very strict and suck people for breaking the rules. No second chance!

In my personal opinion it must be very difficult for most of the people, especially for Australians, Western-Europeans and British.

If you are tough (let's say: worked on a cruise ship 7 days a week and shared a little cabin with 2 others) and need the money (you consider this salary good comparing it with your salary now), give it a chance. I'm sure it won't be very shocking after reading all the comments in the Qatar-topic.

You are young, can't you wait 6-12 months for an EK or EY open day? You cannot loose: Qatar is ALWAYS looking for people. Try the two others first and go for Qatar if you didn't make with the UAE-based airlines.

That's what I should do for sure.

Oh, I just looked at your age. Are you 20?????? What experience do you have????? You will have plenty of opportunity to become a cabin crew.