PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL in Canberra?
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2009, 05:00
jcorney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought I would post in this one (finally a thread where I can contribute something). I am currently doing my PPL with Brindabella on the way to a CPL eventually.

$218 an hour for the C150 includes the lesson briefing, the $750 cost is about what they charged for the BAK ground school so I'm taking a guess thats what it is.

I have been more than happy with the instructors I have flown with and I have flown with most of them. Yes I will agree they aren't the cheapest but some of that I have no doubt is the Snows needing to be paid. The only reason I have had lessons cancelled is due to weather, never due to aircraft being taken off the line or a lack of instructors. I will also agree that it might be cheaper elsewhere in the capital region but by the time I took travel time/fuel and accommodation expenses in to account I couldn't make other places make sense.

Other than not being allowed to fly circuits after 4pm (I think this might be lifted in Summer once all the public servants make it home around 6ish) I haven't had a problem with the tower pushing me around to clear RPT, there might be an orbit here and there but that is it.