PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE!!! Don't scab for Amerijet!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2009, 02:18
smooth.sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just my opinion.........

All;

First of all I was a union pilot therefore I strongly symphatize with the striking Amerijet pilots and support their actions for better (human like) wages and working conditions but....

The facts are that no one country, no one group is totally innocent when it comes to scab work. The CJ pilots in question (and the target of this tread) indicated that they are scabs. By definition of the word I agree.

I can assure you that in my phone discussion with one of their pilots a few minutes ago they are "disturbed" by what they have to do. Do they have a choice? As someone else pointed out above the law is the law. They cannot refuse to go to work as they have "no union" and therefore they will be fired if they refuse. Being fired is an irrevocable action.

In these hard time in aviation jobs it is a lot to ask an "individual" to lose his/her job because some unknown group is some other country is having labor difficulty. Don't you agree? If not please try to understand their position before offending them individually.

I think the energy of the striking Amerijet pilots should be directed at their company and solely at their company. Beside if I understand it correctly at the rate that CJ charge for these "ad-hoc" charters your company better call you back and give you all your back pay and then some.

Let's face it Amerijet pilots you are working for a company that doesn't deserve you. And they show it by the manner they treat you. A very sad case of abuse if the facts published on this tread are true.

You have my support and understanding........but that is all I can give you.

PS: Just in case it need to be stated.....NO, I am not a Cargo Jet pilot. I do know a hand full of pilots there but that's all. Aviation is a small world......but you already know that.

In solidarity