PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Independant Contractors"
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2009, 00:18
GADRIVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F##k me.
What could be so hard to understand. I can't believe there are clowns out there who try and defend this practice.
It's simple boys and girls. If you with a flying school........9.5 times out of ten...you ARE an employee.
You are entitled to super, workers comp protection...etc...etc...etc at the applicable award rate.
Any employer who tells you otherwise is a lying, cheating, substandard genetically challenged, slimy grub.
I'm not that interested in hearing the "market forces" or "this a tough business" or "thats what you gotta do to get ahead" or "pay your dues" or "builds character and one day you'll look back with fondness on your GA days" type of arguments.
People have to live.
The reason that this industry is where it is today is BECAUSE of the arguments and attitudes stated above.
No bloody wonder Qantas and Jetstar blokes are at one anothers throats, no wonder Rex boys and girls put up with the conditions they have, no wonder that the vast majority of business owners at the GAAPS etc cry poor whilst living the good life, no wonder operators don't pay for renewals and so.
It's because of the rubbish that people spout on both sides of the argument.
Here's a phrase......"a fair days work for a fair days pay".
Not hard to achieve I'm thinking.