PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoffrey Thomas awarded RAES "Journalist of the Year"
Old 31st Aug 2009, 17:54
OverRun
Prof. Airport Engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The award to Geoffrey Thomas is very well deserved IMHO. FGD135 started the thread with the very words I would like to have said, so let me echo his words with this quote:
I have always regarded GT as a fine aviation journalist and will go out of my way to read anything he has written.
This is no minor award. The RAES also awarded him "Best Strategy or Financial Submission".
………………..
Congratulations Geoff. You deserve it!
My view of Australian media generally is rather cynical and so I subscribe extensively to overseas media to get viewpoints of a range of journalists. In the context of my broader perspective, I really enjoy GT’s writing, with his in-depth knowledge of (what are) specialized subjects, and his ability to write readable articles. RAeS is a high level organisation, and this award is not given lightly.

Speaking of ATW, in the last year or so, they seem to have lifted their game to yet another level. Well done. I spend the thousand dollar subscriptions to the serious aviation trade press each year and read them, yet I get as much out of ATW (and GT) as I do out of the most expensive journals.

Congratulations again to GT for the award.