PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Attendants - General Q & A
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2009, 17:37
Airline Pirate

Location: Land of troubled individuals in a nightmarishly impersonal and bureaucratic world.... Hey, Kafka was spot on!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Universal Training Standard / Licence for Cabin Crews?

I have a few questions in regards to cabin crew training and qualifications. It seems that almost all airlines provide in-house training for their cabin crews. I have stumbled upon a few 3rd party "schools" but am not sure how they can certify you to fly for various airlines.

Is there some sort of legislation or universal training standard that all cabin crew must attain in order to become qualified and operational?

eg. Water egress training, first aid, emergency slide operation ect...

If so, can anyone point me in the right direction of this document? I'm interested in the ICAO world in general, and the EASA / JAA Pan-European part of the world in particular...

EDIT: I have seen a number of flight attendant "schools" that purport to give "certificates" to will help them get flight attendant jobs.

It sounds like a scam as it doesnt seem to really give you any qualifications that would allow you to skip some / all the preliminary training an airline would put you through anyway...

Any thoughts on this?

Are there any notable 3rd party companies which do the training of cabin crews which are recognized by airlines to the extent that they would hire them without having to go through the same in-house training as a new hire flight attendant with no prior training?

Does anyone have an online copy of ICAO DOC 7192 Training Manual Part E1 Ed 2 – Cabin Attendants Safety Training?

Last edited by Airline Pirate; 1st Sep 2009 at 02:39.