PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A quick rant
Thread: A quick rant
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2009, 17:25
hotcloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been flying for over 25 years, been a part time instructor for 12 years and became a full time instructor WEF 1 April 2008. To say that I like flying is an understatement, it's in my blood. I always wanted to become a full time instructor, however I knew full well that you cannot make a living out of it in the UK, you need something else to supplement your income. In March 2008 my dream came true, I applied for early retirement, and was offered a very genereous package. I am now living the dream and realise that I am in a very privileged position. It's a shame though that many people cannot live the dream as I doubt very much that a PPL instructor will ever be able to make a decent living out of instructing without an additional income.

Luckily I have never sought status and therefore so content with my lifestyle. So if anyone feels that they want to become a full time instructor, take it from me that it is great, however be realistic and ensure that you have a supplimentary income