PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA CPL Conversion Exams
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2009, 17:03
COCOCHANEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ninja turtle, I can’t find my earlier post on it-must have deleted it by mistake.

5 questions, 15 minutes (if no change)

Exam taking tips:

Remain Calm. Keep the communication going. Under whatever circumstances, don’t clamp up. If you are not sure of something say “confirm …..” or “say again…”. Basically if you speak good English and got the hang of the ICAO lingo, you can get away with a lot of things. Memorize the ICAO terminologies

Memorize ICAO airport Identifiers, all the Indian airlines call signs. Also get hold of mock situations and maps given by the tutors somehow,and practice on the various routes, could be any A-B combinations of Del, mumbai, Kolkata, Trivandrum, Chennai, Combatoire, Bangalore, Mangalore, so on and so forth.

Imagine you are actually flying the route given. Keep time. Airborne at…..check the ETD and give an approximate. If asked to for a position report, check ETD, and report the approximate time that you should be over that point, and next over, and the right eta at destination accordingly. I didn't report radial, apparently that's not required.

Maintain your FL, and know approx NM inbound or outbound, plus or minus the FL when instructed and maintain it like in real, according to the instruction or situation given by the question or the examiner, or by your own request.

Don’t take too long to log in the situation on the paper before answering.

Questions

Q.1-3 Could be on Selcal check, Radio check, Pushback and startup, taxi, vehicle crossing runway, taxiway, aborted take off, deviation due to weather, traffic, or resuming flight to a certain destination after requesting to divert, returning to the airport due to all sorts of reasons, practicing single engine, etc.

Q.4 During my exams this question was a Mayday / Pan Pan situation, report C.I.P, imagine and practice all kinds of possible scenarios, be able to differentiate whether it is a Mayday or Pan Pan situation, relaying Mayday from another a/c.

Q. 5 You will be asked to translate layman terms into ICAO terminology, quite a lot of points for this, also to read out Visibility, Cloud heights, A/C call signs etc.

I am sure someone else here can give you addtional tips, and more updates on it. I took the exams quite a while back.