PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India's turn around plan
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2009, 16:32
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IndAir967... Are you kidding! Pilots with "respect"??! Is that why you are travelling in economy class while ON DUTY, why your salary hasn't been paid, why your allownces haven't been paid, your roster is done as per the highest bidder (bribery) to the schedling guys, training taking up to 18 months, contracts of yours and the expats spat at and laughed at.....I could go on but see other posts in the Will AI Strike thread.....

I left AI some time ago now due the incessant mismangent and corruption. If I failed a pilot (Oh, I don't know, because he crashed the sim in nil wind conditions, no malfunctions, basic ILS approach) then I was scrutinised and placed on report due that pilot being friends with some one in "management". Route check to DXB the next day and he's back on line as a Cmdr.

From the bamboo security gates, to the stench of urine in the ops & tng building, the dead pigeons in the roof, the windows and halls that haven't been cleaned in decades, the forms filled out in triplicate with carbon paper in between, forms lost, misplaced, etc, ex Wng Cmdrs and Grp Capts (sorry, NAVIGATORS!) using AI as a retirement village. Productive? No way. Will it change? Never. Too many greedy fingers in the pot too happy to blame anyone and everyone else.

AI is nothing but a cesspit of mismangent and corruption. If that offends you then I am sorry, but take those damn blinkers off. If you have EVER bribed to get a roster then you are just as guilty and part of the problem.

I resigned and ran because my professional integrity could not tolerate it. Those at AI since they were 19 or so years of age accept it as the norm because they know no better. They also see smoking in the cockpit and the cockpit door unlocked as the norm as well.

What does that tell you?

ICAO (and the FAA) does not look to make AI an ICAO Category II carrier for nothing. It was well and truly earnt.

I hope all at AI can see things through and see world MINIMUM standards installed. When I left and from correspondence with those still there, it hasn't and doesn't want to because too many heads firmly in the sand and too many hands dipping into the piles of money that seem to have been running out.

When low standards are what you're used to and defend through ignorance, then the bar isn't very high.