PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Planning $4bn Aircraft Order - Boeing or Airbus?
Old 9th Jan 2002, 03:46
TDK mk2
e28 driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dunno what they'll plump for, but whichever I'm sure they'll be successful with their ethos and accumen. One of my former housemates studied a year behind Stelios at one of the big London universities (UCL I think) and said he had been noted as a star even then.

I must have taken 20 flights with Easy over the years and they've delivered a quality product at a superb price nearly every time, indeed the only time there was a problem it was outwith their control (the big freeze between Xmas and NY in 2000), they brought in a replacement a/c from Titan to get us home and then refunded my fare without my even asking - now that's service. Must have cost them a fortune tho.

More recently I travelled on a 737-700 and from a passenger point of view it is a quality a/c. Engine starting almost indescernable, aircon stayed on and I didn't detect any bus trips. In the cruise it is so quiet - and that was sitting level with the fan disk. Not at all like the A320 I came back from my OPC in in December, noisy and lots of vibration - but then again not the newest being one of the BCal ordered jobbies. Still, wouldn't turn my nose up at anything with fans rather than props straped to it but when and if the time comes I do hope it's orange...