PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF 2003 Cadetship
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2002, 07:22
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Buffeting, I think I remember reading something about applications opening shortly for next years.

Industry experience will be 'interesting'. I think QF are still trying to get their heads around how that will occur.

Level 2 flight test (last I knew) was basically a CPL flight test. This following info comes from the QF web site under the selection briefing heading.
What does the Cadet Flight Test involve?

The Cadet Flight Test is required for level 2 candidates only and is designed to assess the candidate's current flying skills. The test will take place only if the candidate has already been issued with a Commercial (Aeroplane) Pilot Licence.

The test format is similar to that stipulated by CASA for initial issue of a CPL, including the ground component. Competitive candidates will be those who can demonstrate a level of competency which has a margin above the minimum standard required for issue of a CPL.

The test will be conducted by a testing officer appointed by Qantas. Wherever possible, and if suitable to Qantas, the test will take place at the capital city secondary airport of the candidate's choice. The aircraft used for the test will be any aircraft of the candidate's choice which meets the CASA requirements for conduct of a CPL Flight Test. The candidate is responsible for making such an aircraft available for the test and for payment of all aircraft charges and the testing officer's fee. The testing officer's travel and accommodation expenses will be borne by Qantas.

Level 2 candidates must perform competently in the Flight Test in order to be accepted into the Cadet Training Programme. Candidate's whose performance is not at a competitive standard will not be offered the option of entering Level 1 of the training Programme.
Hope that helps. If you haven't looked at the QF website already, go and have a look. Lots of good gen there and normally the answers for most questions.