PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Purpose of boarding card 'check' at aircraft door
Old 31st Aug 2009, 09:44
Final 3 Greens

L'aviatur

I wasn't trying to be arrogant, just explaining to Mark from CA why he saw the posts he saw. I'll edit my response and remove the word 'blissfully', as this probably gave the wrong impression.

What I was trying to say is that UK airlines must check the BP at the door, the regulations impose this.

These quotes appear to be from UK based posters, some of whom seem to be unaware that other countries operate in different ways - e.g. check the comment about 'every flight' below. Some make emphatic statements which are just wrong. Others state the regulatory reason for the check.

I've never understood why people feel the need to question this: it's the procedure on every flight, has been for years.
I never understand why people think they should only have to show it once.
At the airline I work for, if you don't have a boarding card for the flight you are trying to board, you will not be allowed on the plane.
The final check is to ensure that PAX are onboard the correct aircraft.
It is a security procedure, all we are checking is the flight number and the date to ensure that you are supposed to be on this aircraft.
This is a view from outside the UK, where the regulations are different

If it annoys people so much, then stick to flying with Lufty or Swiss where you only have to show it the once at the gate.

Last edited by Final 3 Greens; 31st Aug 2009 at 09:59.