PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore's Newest Flight School: Scam or the real thing
Old 31st Aug 2009, 08:43
gengis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wannabe:

Nowadays, SBS transit even have their own sim to train the bus captains. Thereafter they are released to the road and have real road experience with the instructor by their side. Isn't it how these bus captains are trained these days? Is there not a similar vein to what the MPL is providing?
No, you are comparing apples with oranges. A bus moves in 2-dimensions at 50-70 km/hr. And no bus DRIVER has to make any serious decisions - not even how much fuel he should be taking. He slows down when the lights turn amber, stops when they turn red & moves when they turn green. He stops when a commuter flags him down or when a passenger presses the stop button. Something goes wrong with the bus & he pulls over to the side of the road - a luxury that no pilot enjoys.. I trust that i don't need to provide you with a list of 100 decisions & thought processes before & during a flight which a pilot needs to make on a daily basis on an ORDINARY flight with nothing going wrong do I?

There is no "similar vein" between driving a bus & flying an airplane at 86% the speed of sound, other than that both are modes of transport.