PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France Safety report
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2009, 06:44
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cessnapupp

The answer to your first question is a loud yes. The merger with Air INter was very poorly handled. UTA wasn't so bad, they came with a long haul only network which was easy to integrate and it didn't do too much damage, still you always have the few who stay in mourning for ever.
Air Inter brought with it the whole of the domestic network. Very good for AF as a whole, not so good for those who want to sun themselves under the tropics. I mean, Marseilles isn't really my idea of fun.
For the rest I think I explained extensively how it went.

Second question, the answer is a definite no. No one here, exept the street pundit, does really give a hoot about pride Concorde and Airbus. By the way, Airbus is a consortium and not a french product, this being skillfully reminded whenever there is a purpose to serve.
I guess, it is just hard for people to take a good look at themselves even more when the spot light is on you. I suppose this is only human and not specifically french. As I said earlier, speaking out loud what you think is a risky exercise in a big french corporation with a very strong national culture.
Don't expect the sort of AA confession. " Hi, I am Me Myself and I am a jerk of a pilot " which by the way..........I am not )