PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 31st Aug 2009, 00:56
Metro man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QR employ PILOTS not type ratings, they will allocate you to a fleet depending on THEIR needs at the time you join.

You cannot guess your way through the test. Answer the questions you know the answer to first, then go back to the others. Some of them are similar. Out of the four possible answers, one you can scratch straight away, one after a bit of thought. That leaves two choices, if you have two similar questions you are not sure of have an "each way bet", answer the first and second one differently and one will be correct. With a 70% pass mark this will not get you through the exam if used for every question, but will at least get you a few marks.

There are no points deducted for wrong answers so even a random guess is better than nothing.

Read "Ace the Technical Pilot Interview" and try to expand on what's being asked and look at possible variations ie

"What happens to your indicated airspeed if the pitot tube is blocked at the start of descent ?"

Therefore read up on instruments so you can answer "What happens to your airspeed if the static vent is blocked at the start of climb ?"

There are at least thirteen exam papers, you will get a different one to your neighbour. Comparing afterwards we found the questions asked were very different, but most of us PASSED.

Know VMCA, VMCG, WET/CONTAMINATED runway definitions as these are recurring questions in the personal interview.

As far as I know the new interview format only started at the beginning of August, I know pilots who attended the roadshows in March and they said the tech quiz was a joke. So disregard everything not recent except for OBVIOUS stuff such as "Tell me about yourself" and "Why do you want to work for us ?" These two questions will be asked in interviews twenty years in the future at airlines that don't even exist today.