PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will JAL go out of business?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2009, 09:27
Storpikk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devine Wind

Devine Wind, My friend....you have hit the nail on the head with this buffoons at JAL. The silly pilot unions acting like spoiled brats, archaic management style, and the complete lack of corporate foresight, they are stuck in the 1950's when they where flying DC-6.

JAL's idea of reinventing themselves, is to brush the dust of some old company bureaucrat and roll it out as "THE NEW JAL". This is why this company would never make it in the "real" world. They are propped up by the Japanese government trough government guaranteed loans and favoritism. Unfortunately Japanese taxpayers are getting fed up, with the constant financial help JAL Group require every time they management team of old geezers "ball" it up.

JAL's future seems bleak, as they will not be able to compete with more lean and modern airlines, that will for sure give them competition, as the new runways at Narita and Haneda opens up in a couple years.

JAL is a dinosaur at best, and we all know how that went eventually...change comes with very small baby steps in this company, and by then I believe its to late.

Just my two cents..